Philco Logotype Preview
Learn more about the Philco brand, find out the Philco colors, and download a Philco vector logo in the SVG file format.
Philco was a pioneer in battery, radio, and television production. In 1961 the company was purchased by Ford and was known as Philco-Ford from 1966. Ford sold the company to GTE in 1974, and it was purchased by Philips in 1981. In North America, the Philco brand is currently owned by Philips. In other markets, the Philco International brand is owned by Electrolux. In the early 1920s, Philco made storage batteries, “socket power” battery eliminator units, and battery chargers. With the invention of the rectifier tube, which made it practical to power radios by electrical outlets, in 1928, Philco entered the radio business. They followed other radio makers such as RCA, Atwater-Kent, Zenith Electronics, Freshman Masterpiece, FADA Radio, and AH Grebe into the battery-powered radio business. By the end of 1930, they were selling more radios than any other maker, a position they held for more than 20 years.